Firefly Neural Network Computing Card is launched by Firefly, is a serial of NPU (Neural Processing Unit) module that work with Firefly’s development board. The module is equipped with the lightspeeur 2801S chip launched by GTI (full name is Gyrfalcon Technology Inc.). 2801S’s peak computing capacity is 2.8 Tops. It can complete 9.3 TOPS (tera operations per second) per watt consumed.
Firefly Neural Network Computing Card has three types: NCC S1 module, USB Dongle module and embedded module.
1. NCC S1 module¶
- NCC S1 module’s interface is eMMC, which can be used along with ROC-RK3399-PC.
- It is small that suitable for the use in the products.
2. USB Dongle module¶
- USB Dongle module’s interface is USB, which can be employed universally in every Firefly’s development board.
- Used for inferencing in model training.
3. Embedded module¶
- Connected via USB 3.0
- Module built-in development board
- Device node is same as USB Dongle
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Android (USB Dongle and AIO-3399C AI version)
Support development board¶
USB Dongle supports development board¶
USB Dongle module supports all Firefly development boards, but need the driver module sg.ko (SCSI generic module), please confirm the kernel supported or compile the corresponding kernel driver.
Support neural network¶
- Single Shot MultiBox Detector(SSD)